To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

A question about IM

Dear process mining community,

Specifically, my question pertains to two methods for mining Petri Nets from event logs . The first method involves using the "Mine Petri Net with Inductive Miner" plugin directly on the log to obtain a Petri Net. The second method involves first using the "Convert log to directly follows graph" plugin to convert the log into a DFG, and then using the "Mine Petri net with Inductive Miner - directly follows" plugin to convert the DFG into a Petri Net.

While the results from these two methods are sometimes the same, other times they differ. Initially, I assumed that the two methods were based on the same principle, but experimental results suggest otherwise. Can you please provide me with a detailed explanation of the differences in principles between these two methods?

Thank you very much!!

Comments