To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Opening a XES file in ProM 6.12

This seems like a very basic feature but I am somehow not getting it to work in v6.12. Whenever I try opening an XES file, I get the following prompt that does not list an appropriate import plugin:

Ironically, importing a CSV file with conversion to XES works just fine, with the appropriate plugin being pre-selected in the prompt.

In the v6.12 package manager, the Log package is showing up. AFAICT, this is where this feature exists (OpenNaiveLogFilePlugin class).

I tried this for v.6.10 and it works just like expected:

I've tried reinstalling v6.12 from scratch but to no avail. I updated the sh file to work with Java v. 1.8.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Best Answer

• hverbeek
    Accepted Answer

HI,

It can be that there is an issue with the ProM plugin cache. When ProM runs for the first time, it builds a cache for the plugins it finds. As a result of this cache, subsequent runs start faster. Possibly, due to some reason, these plugins may not be added to this cache.

You can clear this cache with the Package Manager using the "Clear" button in the lower right corner. If you do this, ProM will build this cache again next time it runs, which will take some time.

Please let me know whether this works for you.

Kind regards, Eric.

Answers