To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

[ProM-developers] Test Cases for ProM

JBuijs
edited April 2011 in - Development

Last Monday Dirk Fahland presented a way to test your ProM plug-ins. He send around the following mail to the ProM developers list:

I briefly presented how I have set up test cases
for my ProM plugins. I just finished Tutorial in the ProM wiki describing what
you have to do, to use test cases for your own plugins. You can find the
tutorial at

https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/TestCases

I am aware that we are not providing you a comfortable
push button technology. Things are rough at the moment, and we need your
feedback to make things more accessible. Please read the tutorial and start
writing your own tests. Whenever you have questions or run into problems,
please approach me.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Comments

• Hello,

I followed part 1 and 2 of the tutorial about TestCases. But after the build terminated successfully, I didn't find the  ./tests/TEST-org.processmining.tests.<YourPackage>.<YourPackage>Test.txt file... I just found a xml file with the same name: TEST-org.processmining.tests.alphaminer.AlphaMinerTest.xml. Could you help me undertand why the txt file with the ouput results were not generated?

Kind regards,
    Denise

Part of the console output:
    [cobertura-report] [INFO] Cobertura: Loaded information on 56 classes.
    [cobertura-report] Report time: 1047ms
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL
    Total time: 1 minute 42 seconds
  • Hello Denise,

I think you need to check the build.xml file in the tests folder. This is the file that drives the entire test, and it just may be a bit different from the one that Dirk Fahland used many years ago to describe the tests. For example, we have introduced Ivy in the mean time.

If the build.xml file does not mention this .txt file at all, chances are that this file will indeed not be generated by the test.

Kind regards,
    Eric.