To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Deduce Case IDs from unlabeled event log

Hey Guys,

I am interested in process discovery of unlabeled  event logs (there is no end-to-end processes, e.g., production processes).
Do you know any solution for such pre-processing task to convert an unlabeled to a labeled event log?
I am thinking of using unsupervised learning (clustering) based on other features such as input and output data?
Is there any support for such analysis in Prom? or any solution?

Thank you

Comments

• It is a bit unclear what do you mean by unlabeled event log. Could you please give a concrete example?
  • In traditional process mining, the basic data set is usually an event log describing cases and events connected to those cases. for some data sets (i.e., unlabeled event log) this simplification which is not accurate, e.g., Production processes.
    Looking into production processes for example, most of the times there is no end-to-end case. instead, there are materials, e.g., 500kg of Steel which are transformed into 1 batch of screws, ect.