To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Episode miner error InvocationTargetException

Hi, I'm a grad student, my thesis relates to process mining, I recently tried episode miner (with the sample xes file in  chapter_1/running-example.xes) but it keeps giving me this error:
[DEBUG] EpisodeMinerImpl: Parsing traces
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

I'm just wondering if anyone can send me the .xes file that can work perfectly with Leemans episode miner, so I can figure out the problem by my self. 
Thank you.

Comments

• Oh, never mind, I think I found it, url link download below:
    http://data.4tu.nl/repository/uuid:3926db30-f712-4394-aebc-75976070e91f

url link explains about Leemans episode mining:
    http://wwwis.win.tue.nl/~wvdaalst/publications/p847.pdf
  • I still have this error when try Leemans episode miner on the BPI_Challenge_2012.xes
    [DEBUG] EpisodeMinerImpl: Parsing traces
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Any help or suggestion to go through this error will be appreciated.
    Thank you.
  • Hi,

The author of episode miner is on summer vocation, I have forwarded your question to him. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Cong
  • CongLiu said:
    Hi,

The author of episode miner is on summer vocation, I have forwarded your question to him. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Cong
    Thank you CongLiu. I appreciate that.
  • Problem solved!!
    Solution:
     - Update your java to the latest version (java 1.8.0_112 or later)
     - Intall ProM 6.7 without JRE7 (download this version: Windows installer without JRE7 )

Cheers :)

• Thanks for letting us know minhkhoi89!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi minhkhoi89,

I'm the author of the episode miner. Glad to hear it works for you know.

Just to be sure, I tried the plugin again on a nightly build and it seems to work. If at any point you run into trouble again, let me know, and we'll figure out whats wrong.

Kind regards,
    Maikel Leemans
  • JBuijs said:
    Thanks for letting us know minhkhoi89!
    You are most welcome :)

mleemans said:
    Hi minhkhoi89,

I'm the author of the episode miner. Glad to hear it works for you know.

Just to be sure, I tried the plugin again on a nightly build and it seems to work. If at any point you run into trouble again, let me know, and we'll figure out whats wrong.

Kind regards,
    Maikel Leemans
    Thank you, It's a great plug-in for ProM, I appreciate your research and contributions. 
    I'll surely contact you again if it has any further issue.

Best Regards,
    Khoi Pham