To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Import an existing uml model and use compliance checking plugin

rosangelamariah
edited May 2017 in ProM 6
It's possible to import an existing  uml model and then execute the log file to check the conformance?

After import the template into prom  and generate the model,  none plugin are available.
Thanks for the help.

Comments

• did you import the log file. So for conformance checking you need two inputs one the model and second the log file. 
  • Hello, 
    Yes I did. I usually  use the plugin "petri net with inductive miner" to generate the model and then with the same log file apply conformance checking plugin.

this time, I would like to use my owner model and import to ProM, after that i would like to use de log file (that i imported in it) and apply for conformance checking plugins.

Unfortunatly this question is too nebulous for me.

I really apreciate any help (Including indication of articles).

Thanks.:)
  • I think you need to first convert the BPMN to a Petri net, and then do conformance checking against the log.
  • Thanks CongLiu and rahilaumer for help!

I was using Prom Lite and no plugin was enabling to transform the BPMN template into Petri net, after change it to Prom 6, I could convert it and use conformance checking plugin. 

I will be grateful for indications of articles that clarify this item (Using an existing model, within the ProM framework to check compliance/conformance).

regards.
  • Hi,

I think the following video from the FutureLearn course 'Process mining with ProM' should clarify:

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/process-mining/5/steps/164974

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello,  Buijs 
    The video are very interesting, and very useful, but I'm looking for an approach to using an existing model to evaluate conformance checking (in ProM). 

If you have any article to indicate,I will be greatfull.
  • Hi,

This is still possible, you just skip the step 'mine petri net with inductive miner' but instead import the Petri net (as .pnml file) into ProM. Then you can run the conformance checking plug-in as explained in the video.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology