To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

No finish for activity:plug-in Filter In High-Frequency Traces (Single Log)

grezly
edited May 2017 in - Usage
I'm currently trying to optimize my imported dataset (1,38 GB (1.491.709.404 bytes)).
The dataset contains 390337 casusses with 2621507 events.
I can use alsmost every action, excepted foor de filter inxx/filter log/filter out xxx-actions.
I can run for example the Filter In High-Frequency Traces (Single Log) (to 'optimize' my dataset). 
But from then Prom keeps +/- 25% CPU usage with almost all the time between 7 and 8 G memory usage. 

After 4 days of waiting there is still no progress (visible), and no new items are created in my main menu.

Below you can see the latest part of the log from Prom (Verbose=All), specific the latest line.

====
Start plug-in Open XES Log File (Disk-buffered by MapDB, sequential access)
End plug-in Open XES Log File (Disk-buffered by MapDB, sequential access), took 87796 milliseconds
[ActionsBrowser] setFocus
Start plug-in Filter Out Low-Occurrence Traces (Single Log)
End plug-in Filter Out Low-Occurrence Traces (Single Log), took 90654 milliseconds
Start plug-in @2 Log Summary
End plug-in @2 Log Summary, took 32669 milliseconds
Start plug-in Filter Log on Trace Attribute Values
End plug-in Filter Log on Trace Attribute Values, took 107224 milliseconds
Start plug-in @2 Log Summary
End plug-in @2 Log Summary, took 32564 milliseconds
Start plug-in Filter In High-Frequency Traces (Single Log)
Threshold = 570
====

After this there is no additional informatie show on the console, whil my cpu and memory is still occupied.
Below is the usage of my cpu en memory usage. As you seen there is no full usage of my resources.

Does any know experienced the same issue?
Update: Is it possible to get more verbose information from specific plug-ins? (on top of the verbose option within Prom)

Answers

• Dear grezly,

This particular plug-in has a complexity that is at least quadratic in the number of traces (casusses). Given that your input log contains almost 400000 traces, you are in for a wait.

This plug-in was not developed with such a log in mind. It also does not provide any more diagnostic information.  

Some of the plug-ins may use logging frameworks, for which you can configure which messages you want to see, but most of them do not.

Kind regards,

Eric.

• Thanks Eric for your reply.
    Do you have a suggestion which filter/plugin/combination i can use to 'optimize'/minimize my dataset. (remove non frequent occurences  of traces)