To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Diffrences of alpha algorithms in ProM6 and ProM5.2

Mousavi
edited February 2011 in - Usage

Dear friends,

I splited "outpatientClinicExample" log to some logs,some of them have 1 instance of process and some of them have 50% instance of main log . when I run alpha algorithm with those new logs in ProM6 and in ProM5.2 ,I saw different outputs, specially in reconizing of parallel tasks,for example when I run alpha algorithm with ProM5.2 and a log that it had only 1 instance ,paralleling could be reconized, but when i run alpha algorithm with ProM6 and same log ,paralleling couldn't be recognized! I saw some differences like that in runing of alpha algorithm in 2 different version of ProM.what is the reason ?which one is true? how can I access alpha algorithm of ProM5.2 as a developer ?

Update Joos: removed announcement status

Comments

• Dear Mousavi,

The ProM 5.2 source code can be downloaded via http://prom.win.tue.nl/tools/prom/ and then 'download tar.gz archive (all platforms)'. That would allow you to investigate the Alpha algorithm's source code.

I have forwarded your question about the differences between the Alpha miner's implementation in ProM 5.2 and 6 to someone who might have the answer.

Good luck with your project!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos Buijs,

thanks alot for your help :)

• Dear Joos Buijs,

I'm from Iran ,and I think becuase of that I can't download this file from http://prom.win.tue.nl/tools/prom/ ,what can I do?can you help me?

Thanks

• Mousavi,

I'm not sure how I could help you. ProM 5.2 can be downloaded from that website and I can reach it. So probably it has indeed to do with the fact that you're in Iran or behind another type of firewall.

Although it is strange that you can reach this forum which is also located at prom.win.tue.nl........
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology