To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Trouble launching ProM6.6

Hi, I've installed ProM 6.6 following the instructions of http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=prom66. After downloading all the packages in ProM Package Manager I launch ProM66 but I get an annoying pop up with title "Launch4j" and a message of "An error occurred while starting the application"
Any help?
Thanks!

PS. Running Windows10 Professional in a Intel i7 Box with 8 GB of RAM and SSD

Comments

• Dear Luis,

Could you run the ProM66.bat file from a Command Prompt, and share the messages this shows in that Command Prompt?

Running ProM 6.6 from the bat file does not show the 'annoying pop-up', and it does provide diagnostic information on what is wrong.

To get all possible diagnostic information, please change line 20 in the ProM.ini file (using your favorite text editor) to the following line:
    VERBOSE = ALL

Kind regards,

Eric.

• Hi Eric, thanks for your quick answer. Seriously, you guys rock!

Finally I managed to make it work. As I also had installed ProM Lite 1.1 I uninstalled both, erased all traces of both ProMs in the disk and registry and reinstalled. 

Next time it happen (hopefully not) I'll do what you advise.

Thanks again. Regards
  • Dear Luis,

Good to hear that you've solved the issue.

Note that it is possible to use ProM 6.6 and ProM Lite 1.1 next to each other on the same computer. By default, they use a different local repository folder (".ProM66" and ".ProMLite11" in your user folder), so they should not conflict with each other.

Also note that the first run of ProM (the "maiden" run) may take longer than subsequent runs. During this first run, ProM needs to check all jar files for plugins, which may take a while. The 'annoying pop-up' will stay for two minutes max, and if ProM did not scan all jar files by then, the above mentioned error may appear. Because of this two-minute deadline in the exe file, I typically advice users to use the bat file for the first run of ProM.

Kind regards,

Eric.