To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

"marker_name"+complete?

I am exporting BPMN 2.0 models from Signavio. In Signavio I model roughly like this:

start -> FA - > EX ->end

(FA and EX are the names of the event types in my dataset, none of which have a duration, I'm just interested in sequential ordering)

Then I import into PRoM (the representation of the BPMN model in PRoM looks the same as in Signavio) and convert into a Petri net for conformance checking. However, this is then translated roughly in the following way:

start -> FA+start -> FA+complete -> EX+start -> EX+complete -> end

The conformance check (replay petri net on data) gives different values for FA+start and FA+complete (same for EX).

What does the addition +start and +complete indicate? And why do I now have 2 of each of the 1 events I modeled in BPMN 2.0? 

Comments

• Hi Aron,

I think this is a 'feature' of the converter. I did not check but I believe Anna Kalenkova is the author of that plug-in. You might be able to contact her and ask:
    https://www.hse.ru/en/staff/akalenkova

Please post here if you found a solution, or if you didn't.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology