To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Using ProM for probabilistic process mapping

Dan
Dan
edited April 2016 in Process Mining
Greetings,

I am a new ProM user and was wondering whether and how other users have used ProM to develop process maps. Currently I am working with a large data set that includes different start and end events, and I am struggling to make sense, probabilistically speaking, of various events occurring within an inductive visual miner petri net. 
Perhaps there are more suitable tools within ProM for my purposes and would be eager to know what they are.

Just for clarification a (very) simple example of a process map takes the form: 

Thanks for any and all help,
Dan

Answers

• Dear Dan,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure what your exact question/issue is. Usually after importing an event log you inspect it in the dotted chart, log dialog etc. Then you might filter out irregular or incomplete traces, and focus on the top activities. Then you discover a process model (inductive miner seems best). If you use the inductive visual miner then you don't need to manually filter to the top events, using the sliders you can do this.
    Then switch to the conformance view to verify how much of the event log behavior is actually modeled correctly.

This, in a nutshell, is how I would do this. If you have any further questions please ask!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology