To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

RelationalXES - Question about ProM Plugin

Hi all,

I am a Master's student at the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU Wien) and I am currently working on my Master thesis. My thesis revolves around process process mining, more specifically, it deals wit the analysis of event logs stored in relational databases. 

While doing background research about this topic, I found a paper called "Relational XES (RXES): Data Management for Process Mining". In this paper, the authors mention that they have already developed an actual implementation of RXES as a ProM Plug-In that is contained in the ProM Package "RelationalXES". 

I really wanted to try out this Plug-In, since the way it works can definetely help me with my thesis. Therefore, I downloaded ProM 6.5.1 and used the ProM Pakackage Manager to install the "Relational XES Version 6.5.39" package.

However, when I start ProM I cannot find any RXES related plug-ins in the "Actions" list. I already checked the source-code on a very low level and I found out, that there should be plug-ins like "Export log to Database" or "Import log from Database" in my list. However, that is not the case for me.

I already tried to contact the author of this package, but unfortunately she has not replied yet.

I also contacted Mr. Eric Verbeek, and asked him for an invitation code for this forum, and also for some hints regarding my problem. He advised me to delete the registry folder "impl" located in "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org\processmining\framework\plugin\" and install the JDBC package via the ProM package manger afterwards (because appearently RXES depends on the JDBC package, even though it does not state so).

However, while this is definetely a first step with regards to dealing with my problem, it has not solved it. I am still not seeing any RXES related plugins in my "Action" list. I even tried to install all packages availabe in the ProM package manager to make sure, that no possible dependencies could be missing, but that also did not solve my problem.

Can you guys help me with my problem? Do you have any hints on how to setup the RelationalXES package correctly?
I really appreciate any help with my problem. At my current situation, Relational XES could probably become an essential part of my Master thesis, and being able to run an alrady existing implementation would help me enourmously.

Thank you for everything in advance!

Cheers,
Lukas

Summary of the environment that I am using:
*) ProM 6.5.1
*) RelationalXES 6.5.39 (installed via the Package Manager)
*) Java 1.8.0_31-b13
*) Windows 10 (I also already tried it with my Macbook with Mac OS X Yosemite installed, but it also did not work)

Comments

• Dear Lukas,

A colleague (Alifah Siamsiyah) should already be in contact with you regarding this issue. please solve it directly with her!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology