To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

ProM Import Plug-in Failure

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help with importing data into ProM 6.5.1 with 32-bit JRE7?  Whenever I try to import a csv or xlsx file, the following message is returned: "No import plugins available".  Does anybody know what plugins I would need to download/intall to be able to import my data?  Thanks!

Comments

• Dear analyst,

We have a meta package (EstablishedPackages) that installs all required packages in one go.
    If you have to do this manually, you can use the following XML to go through the list:
    http://www.promtools.org/prom6/packages/EstablishedPackages/packages.xml

An alternative is to install ProM on a similar machine (OS, 32/64 bit) and copy the packages folder in the .ProM folder in your user folder.

Note that this is not a recommended or supported procedure and that you will not get any updates of packages this way!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thanks JBuijs.  How do I go about installing the meta package?
  • Normally it would install automatically after the installation of ProM, or you would run the package manager and install it manually.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi JBuijs, I'm continuing to have problems with plugins.  Each time I load up ProM, I receive the following error message: "No packages were found.  Please check your internet connection."  However, I am always connected to the internet so do you know where the issue could stem from?
  • Dear analyst,

Did you try to follow the instructions on
    http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:start
    under 'proxy issues'? It could be that you're behind a proxy server and/or firewall that is blocking ProM's internet access, but not your browsers internet access.

Joos Buijs