To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Cannot load the fuzzy miner

dfsun
edited January 2011 in - Usage
Dear sirs,

I am a new users of ProM6. I created a new xes file frm Nitro. There are more than 10000 data records in the xes file. I import this file in ProM6 and I try to run the fuzzy miner in ProM6. My machine is hanged ( I am currently using windows 7 ultimate). Is there any limitation for the record size?

In addition, I would like to get the description of the miner plug-ins in ProM6. Where I can get those information.

Thanks for your attention

Edit Joos: moved to the correct category

Comments

• Dear 'dfsun',

The only (real) limitation for log size is the power of the machine ProM is run on. I've run ProM successfully on datasets with more than 400,000 events.
    I think that in your case the event log does not contain event names and timestamps for each event. Could you check that?
    If you think that this is not the problem, could you try to start ProM from the prom6.bat file (in the installation directory) and report back the exception you get in the command window. That might help in solving your issue.

At the moment there are 2 sources for information about plug-ins:
    1) The public ProM documentation directory in the SVN repository. The most easy way to access it is via http://prom.win.tue.nl:8000/Tracsites/browser/public/ProM/Documentation

2) Scientific publications about the algorithms behind the plug-ins. These are not collected in one place but most of them can be found via search engines. If you want a webpage then http://is.tm.tue.nl/staff/wvdaalst/publications/publications.htm is your best bet.

Hope this helps and let us know if it worked.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology