To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Animate plug-ins still available in ProM 6.5?

JeanVercruysse
edited August 2015 in ProM 6

Hello,

When trying animated plug-ins, like "Animate Transition System" and "Animate Event Log in Fuzzy instance" in 6.5, these seemed not te be available (these were not in green color and thus not usable : no Start button possible when choosing those).

Have these been removed? Or do I need to download these separately (which would mean that these are not in the Package Manager anymore)?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Answers

• Dear Jean,

Thank you for your question.

The fact that you can see the plug-in means that it is installed. It is not green but yellow to indicate that some of the input objects are missing, see the list on the left.

I hope this high-level explanation helps you get the plug-ins to run.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos,

Many thanks for your clear answer. Is there any documentation stating which data (excepted the basic event logs data, e.g. case-ID, Activity name and timestamp) a specific algorithm additionally needs?

Best regards,

Jean

• Dear Jean,

Good to hear that my previous answer was clear :)

I think that you are mixing 2 types of data: ProM objects and XES data attributes.

In ProM you can have several types of data objects (event logs, Petri nets, BPMN models, etc.). A plug-in requires some objects as input. The animate plug-ins that you mention likely require an event log and a transition system/fuzzy model  as input objects.

In your last comment you are referring to data attributes in the event logs. Although some algorithms have additional requirements, most algorithms require the basic set of attributes: concept:name, lifecycle:state and time:timestamp.

If you want to know which input objects your animate plug-ins require select them directly in the ProM action workspace. On the left you will a see a list of objects it wants. When clicking an item you can select the object you want to use as input. (see also http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=gettingstarted:start)

Hope this clarifies your question!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology