To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

"Convert Key-Value set to Log" plugin

jam_bdn
edited June 2015 in - Usage

Hello,

I am a newbie on the topic.

I am having problems to understand the attributes used in the Key-Value plugin when a CSV file is imported and it is required to map them to create a proper log, that will depend on what you want to analyze.

In particular, there are a few fields that I find very confusing as the names are similar while others I think convey a wrong idea on what they are to be used. I have tried to map my fields them in a number of different ways without being able to extract a useful log structure that helps to have a well defined process. 

The fields are:

Trace identifier

concept:instance

concept:name

Identity:id

lifecycle:transition

org:group

org:resource

time: timestamp

In my logs, I have:

timestamp that I have mapped to timestamp

a row number identifying each line on my file (each event)

a case Id 

a user performing the action

the action being performed: create, update, close, delete

a category for the action being performed

What I want is to group by case Id.

It is not clear to me after making several attempts to what field assign the case ID, the combinations I have tried map all my events to one case or make each event one different case.

There are other fields, but I think those are more straighforward or only required for advanced use cases:

semantic:modelReference

org:role

cost:amount

cost:currency

And in general, where can I find documentation for the mentioned plug-in?

Secondarily, is there a way to modify the default separator used when importing a CSV file? 

Thanks in advance for your help    

Answers