To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Financial Mining Plugin

Cuky
edited April 2015 in Process Mining

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum, I hope I can ask my question here.

I'm searching for a plugin, which will allow me to mine for open items like Nick Gehrke ("Basic Principles of Financial Process Mining A Journey through Financial Data in Accounting Information Systems") did.

In "Einsatzmöglichkeiten von Process Mining für die Analyse von Geschäftsprozessen im Rahmen der Jahresabschlussprüfung" (sorry, it is only in german), Michael Werner states, that he uses and extends the algorithm of N. Gehrke.

And in "Towards Automated Analysis of Business Processes for Financial Audits" Michael Werner, Nick Gehrke and Markus Nüttgens say that they have used Petri-Net notation and implemented it in a software artificat. After a lot of research, I could not find any information about that software.

Does anybody know if the algorithm is available in ProM or where I can find it or has any information about the software they invented?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Best regards,
Selcuk.

Best Answer

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer

Dear Selcuk,

Thank you for the direct link.

A quick scan through the paper indicates that they implemented something directly in a SAP system (in Java). Although I hope that it will be available for all of us to try, I'm afraid it won't be.

Please keep me updated!!!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Answers

• Dear Selcuk,

Since I cannot access the first paper that your mention, I'm afraid I cannot really help.

My suggestions in this case would be to ask the author(s) directly.

In case you get an answer, please report it back here such that we all can learn.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Buijs,

here is a link to the paper: http://aisel.aisnet.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1281&context=amcis2010

I will also contact the author by mail, thank you.

Best regards,

Selcuk.

• Hi Buijs,

unfortunately there is no chance to get hands on that.

Best regards,
    Selcuk.