To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Conversion Problems - Execute the Querie

marcel
edited March 2015 in - XESame

Could somebody help me.

I followed the XeSame - example. My settings you can see in the both screenshots.

The connection to the mySQL DB works.

When I execute the conversion I get the following Errors:

2015-03-09 15:23:14: (PROGRESS) Starting step 1 of 5: initialization.2015-03-09 15:23:15: (PROGRESS) Starting step 2 of 5: Extracting log info.

2015-03-09 15:23:15: (DEBUG) We are about to run the following query to extract the items for Log: SELECT 'TestLog' AS [concept_name], 'standard' AS [lifecycle_model], 'Generation Details' AS [Generation_Details], 'Joos Buijs' AS [Generation_Details_Author], NOW() AS [Generation_Details_generated_on] FROM events.csv AS events   WHERE orderID < 100

2015-03-09 15:23:15: (ERROR) There is an error in the query (turn on 'debug' mode to see it) to fetch the information for Log. Please make sure that the query syntax is valid for the source database.

2015-03-09 15:23:15: (ERROR) You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[concept_name], 'standard' AS [lifecycle_model], 'Generation Details' AS [Genera' at line 1

2015-03-09 15:23:15: (WARNING) Cancelling execution! Just after running the query.

2015-03-09 15:23:15: (NOTICE) Execution safely terminated

I also tried a connection to a postgreSQL 9.4 DB, but it doesn't work, too.It' s another Error Code, but similar --> "the event.csv could not find"

What is my mistake? 

Thanks

Marcel

Answers

• Hi, I am using MySQL and my setting for 'URL to database' at Connection tab is something like:jdbc:mysql://IP:PORT/database_name?user=USERNAME&password=PASSWORD Then you can click on Test connection to see if it's ok.

• Dear Marcel,

The query in the example is written for the Windows connection to CSV files.

Since you're using MySQL (I'm assuming that you imported the csv files to the corresponding tables), the query does not work. Off the top of my head, it might have something to do with the '[' and ']', as specified in the "SQL Query Columns Seperator" in the connection settings tab. You might want to try to have both of these seperator fields empty.

Please let us know if this works.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology