To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Unable to connect to .csv files: Java8 does no longer support JDBC-ODBC Bridge

EddyvanderGeest
edited February 2015 in - XESame

I have been trying, for almost a month, to make connection between XESame and .csv and .mdb files. Although I have followed each step described in the tutorial http://www.processmining.org/xesame/examples over and over again, I kept running into the same error message that the JDBC-ODBC driver was not available. 

Today I have noticed that Java8 does no longer include the required JDBC-ODBC:bridge.  Disabling Java8 and installing Java7 does the trick.

Please let me know if someone has a better solution?

Best Answer

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer

Dear Eddy,

I noticed this too recently, which is quite unfortunate.

As far as I know, running XESame using Java 7 is the best solution, until a free JDBC/ODBC bridge for Java 8 comes along... XESame is able to include JAR files on the run to be able to connect to specific databases (such as Oracle) so you can use this feature when you find a good library.

Good luck!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Answers