To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Will the trace clustering algorithms be implemented on ProM6 (other than AHC) as in ProM5 ?

Martin_Prodel
edited September 2014 in - Usage

Hello everybody,

Lately, I have been intensively reading articles about Process Mining and I went through Prom 5.2 and Prom 6. I am currently working in the healthcare domain, thus as described in Trace Clustering in Process Mining (2008, M. Song et al.), the use of trace clustering is of a major interest to reduce the high variability of the underlying process. 

To try the trace clustering algorithms (those described in the article) on my own data set, I first used Prom 5.2 and the "Trace clustering" plug-in. It allows us to choose among 7 different algorithms (all developed by Minseok Song):

- (New) Agglomerative Hierarchical Clustering
- Quality threshold clustering
- K-mean clustering
- Farthest first clustering
- Density based clustering
- EM clustering
- SOM

As I now went on ProM6, I saw that the GuideTreeMiner and the ActiTrac plug-ins are both providing trace clustering technics. Unfortunately, they only propose the AHC algorithms.

My question is : Is there any plug-in on Prom6 with the other algorithms, or is it planned to be added to the GuideTreeMiner?

How difficult would it be to implement the ‘Trace Clustering’ plug-in from Prom5 to Prom6?

I have not seen any discussion about this matter, I hope my topic it is not redundant with any other.