To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Log visualizer: Show sequences and patterns

lauraUnivpm
edited July 2014 in Event Logs

Hi all,

can anyone give me a link where I can find documentation about the "show sequences and patterns" plugin? I can use it, but I cannot understand how it works, namely how it recognizes different "patterns" and how I should interpret the outcome.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Laura

Best Answer

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer

I believe that this plug-in was made by J.C. Bose. So maybe his publication page helps: http://www.win.tue.nl/~jcbose/publications.html

Keep us updated!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Answers

• Thank you for your answer, I'll have a look and let you know

Best regards,

Laura

• Hi,

I found a lot of (useful) publications regarding the pattern abstraction techniuqe (and, hence, patterns abstraction plugin); however, by now I'm interested in another, probably simpler plugin. If you visualize a log in ProM, one of the possibile view options in the scrollbar is "show sequences and patterns "; what I can see here, is a uml-like diagram, where more common patterns of activities are displayed, with indication about time between pair of activities. I suppose that this plug-in is older than pattern abstraction one and, maybe, less used; anyway, I'd like to understand how such "patterns", or sequences are found. Does anynone know where I can find some documentation? I have also tried on ProM official website, but I couldn't find an exlpanation of the plug-in underlying logic.

Thank you very much

Best Regards

Laura