To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Problem with connection

[Deleted User]
edited February 2014 in - XESame

hi, I am trying convert .cvs to .xes http://www.processmining.org/xesame/examples and I have the following problem:

2014-02-11 03:01:02: (PROGRESS) Starting step 1 of 6: initialization.2014-02-11 03:01:02: (ERROR) We encountered the following error while deleting tables from our cache DB to start afresh: DDL is not permitted for a read-only connection, user or database.2014-02-11 03:01:02: (ERROR) There was an error in our SQL when trying to initialize the cache database.2014-02-11 03:01:02: (ERROR) DDL is not permitted for a read-only connection, user or database.2014-02-11 03:01:02: (WARNING) Cancelling execution! Just after initialization.2014-02-11 03:01:02: (NOTICE) Execution safely terminated

Can you help me?

Answers

• This is a known issue in Windows 7 and newer where XESame does not have the correct permissions to write to the cache database.

Please try the following solutions:

1. Start XESame as administrator to give it the proper rights to write to the necessary files

2. Move the cache database location to a location not in the protected Program Files directory.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology