To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Conformance Checking

sitesv
edited July 2013 in ProM 6
Hi everyone!
Can you advice me plugin for conformance checking (logs + Petri Net)... I need just a values, that mean a Quality, Simplicity, Precision and Generalization.
Thanks!

Answers

• Hi sitesv,

In ProM 6, there is a plugin called "Replay Log on Petri Net for Conformance Checking" that provides Fitness value as mentioned in [1,2] (depends on whether you use algorithm that consider proper termination/not). Furthermore, the result of the plugin (PNRepResult object) can be used as an input to plugin "Measure Precision/Generalization" to provide precision and generalization values as mentioned in [2]. 

For a more robust precision analysis, I suggest to install ProM nightly build and use plugin "Check Precision based on Align-ETConformance" [3]. Otherwise, you can also use its predecessor plugin "Check Conformance using ETConformance" [4] which yields the same results under assumption that there is no silent/duplicate transitions.

To measure simplicity, I suggest to use plugin "Conformance Checker" in ProM 5. 

Cheers,
    Arya

[1] Adriansyah, A., Dongen, B.F. van & Aalst, W.M.P. van der (2011). Conformance checking using cost-based fitness analysis. Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Enterprise Distributed Object Computing (EDOC 2011, Helsinki, Finland, August 29-September 2, 2011), (pp. 55-64). IEEE

[2] van der Aalst, W.M.P., Adriansyah, A., & Dongen, B.F. van. Replaying History on Process Models for Conformance Checking and Performance Analysis. WIREs Data Mining Knowl Discov 2012, 2: 182-192. doi: 10.1002/widm.1045.

[3] Adriansyah, A., Munoz-Gamma, J., Carmona, J., Dongen, B.F. van, Aalst, W.M.P. van der (2012). Alignment Based Precision Checking. 8th International Workshop on Business Process Intelligence 2012.

[4] Munoz-Gamma, J., Carmona, J. (2010). A fresh look at Precision in Process Conformance. 8th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM), September 2010
  • Good day! 
    What plug-in can calculate classic fitness metric? not using cost-based approach
  • sitesv
    edited September 2013
    In this archive placed log file and PetriNet file...
    Trying to replay this log on Petri net by using a plug-in "Replay the log on petri net for conformance analysis" for fitness metric.
    But i receive a bad results... I don't see a final event in tables (green, yellow,pink ... vertical lines).
    Using a settings by default...

What i do wrong? May be i not correctly construct the logs?
  • Hi sitesv!

The problem here is the log. Each event must have at least a "concept:name" attribute. Typically, the attribute is used as the name of activity represented by the event. The following tags are example of an attribute of an event tag:

<event>
    <string key="org:resource" value="HR"/>
    <date key="time:timestamp" value="2010-10-08T00:00:00.000+02:00"/>
    <string key="lifecycle:transition" value="complete"/>
    <string key="concept:name" value="activity name"/> 
    </event>

For further details on log formats, please refer to http://www.xes-standard.org/

Regards,
    Arya