To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

A problem of XES

Franklyn
edited February 2012 in - XESame
Hi Joos Buijs:

Recently, I found a problem (or maybe bug) with XES.
I use your example log file -- eventlog.xes in folder \multipleTableCSV\eventlogs to do a test.
Importing the log is perfect. However, I fould it is impossible to see "Show Sequence and Patterns" under "View" tab.
After several tests, I found it is proably because "Show Sequence and Patterns" does not allow EMPTY CASE NAME.
So in your next tutorial (maybe you can not modify your master thesis) or next version of XESame you can modify that by adding concept:name to each case.
Please let me know whether I am right.

Thanks.
PL

Answers

• Hi PL,

You're right, that is an error in my example event log. I should have given each trace a name.

The 'Show Sequence and Patterns' visualization also crashes for my. However, this is an error from the author of that plug-in.

As far as I know, there is no problem with XES related to this.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • I mean you can manually insert the case name for each case if it does not have a valid name. And this is easy for you. People may not care about who should responsible for the error. They will think this is a bug of ProM6.
    BTW, this is just a suggestion.
    PL