To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

ProM 6 - MXML to XES

benfy85
edited February 2012 in - Usage
Hello everyone,
I am a student of Computer Science and I am trying to create a plug-in in ProM 6.
Let me know if ProM 6 reads the MXML format, and if not read, how can I convert the format MXML formatXES?
Thanks to all.

Erika

Answers

• Hi Erika,

ProM 6 can read both the MXML and XES files. Just give it a try, you'll see :)
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello JBuijs, 
    the classes used to read MXML in ProM6 are the same used by ProM5? There are no changes?
    Thank you so much.

Erika B.
  • Hi Erika,

I'm sorry, I did not read your first post good enough, now I notice that you want to develop a new plug-in.

In ProM 6 a completely new library is used to handle event logs. This class is able to read and write both XES and MXML logs. Interacting with event logs however is done in a way that is close to the XES standard definition.
    Please see the OpenXES documentation at http://www.xes-standard.org/openxes/start for more details.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thank you.
    Can I ask another question? Which existent plugin of ProM 6 reads a log MXML in input? 
    Because I don't understand how to read the log and I downloaded  many plugin with Package Manager but I couldn't find the right one.
    Also, ProM6 doesn't open alone, I have to run it through a classic plugin ("Hello World") from Eclipse.
    Thank you so much.

Erika B.

• Dear Erika,

You can read an MXML file using the following code snippet. Here, "file" is a java File object corresponding to your mxml.gz file. The MXML file will be interpreted as an XLog file and you can access the XLog file as the first element in the logList, i.e,. logList.get(0) will be your log file.

try{
    XMmxlGZIPParser parser = new XMxmlGZIPParser();
    if(parser.canParse(file)){

List<XLog> logList = parser.parse(file);
    }
    }catch(Exception e){
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    JC
  • benfy85
    edited February 2012
    Thank you!!

Erika
  • benfy85
    edited February 2012
    I tried this code but it returns "null" if I try to print logList.

I need to read the log file as input (eg logs_Process_InstancesGLOBAL.mxml.gz) in ProM, so that my plugin can make a list of tracks that the user chooses, and he see the events inside.

Is there a way to retrieve this information? 
    Thank you. 

Erika
  • I solved the problem.
    Thanks to all!

Erika