To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Workflow mining paper of van der Aalst

Jane
edited January 2012 in Process Mining
Hi, guys

I think most of us have already read the paper about workflow mining of van der Aalst?
Did you totally get it ?
I am wondering how to understand the sound workflow net, especially for option to complete and proper completion?
Thank you for your help in advance.

Answers

• Hi Jane,

Which paper do you mean exactly, can you provide a link to an online version of the PDF/paper?
    van der Aalst has almost 700 publications so its a bit hard to know which paper you're actually referring to.

Furthermore, I think that the concepts are explained in multiple papers and also in the process mining book. In my opinion in a clear way that I can not clarify any further. Maybe reading multiple papers, in which the concepts are explained in different ways, might help you to understand.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology