To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

troubles with ProM6 - XESame plugin.

lmotamar
edited October 2010 in - XESame
Hi,

I just installed ProM6 in windows using windows installer .exe {prom-6.0-windows-installer.exe};
Now i need to work on XESame.

My doubt is: is the XESame already available with the above installer, or should I need to add it additionally as a plugin?

if so, how? please be specific. I am finding it hard to work on this new interface. I previously worked on Prom4.* which I felt was easy and simple.

More: Also, I am not able to change the basic view to Package Manager.

please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• ok. I can execute XESame now.
  • I am working on one of the XESame example provided at http://prom.win.tue.nl/research/wiki/xesame/start.

I did follow the connection steps provided at http://prom.win.tue.nl/research/wiki/xesame/examples

Initially i did pass the 'Test connection' with out errors.

When I am trying to 'execute conversion',

I am having following error. please correct/suggest me.

2010-10-10 17:40:22: (PROGRESS) Starting step 1 of 6: initialization.
    2010-10-10 17:40:26: (PROGRESS) Starting step 2 of 6: Extracting log info.
    2010-10-10 17:40:27: (PROGRESS) Starting step 3 of 6: Extracting traces.
    2010-10-10 17:40:27: (ERROR) There is an error in the query (turn on 'debug' mode to see it) to fetch the information for Trace, this is the error we got: (-3504) [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] The SELECT statement includes a reserved word or an argument name that is misspelled or missing, or the punctuation is incorrect.
    2010-10-10 17:40:44: (PROGRESS) We stopped execution because of a critical error.

Thanks.
    Narayan.
  • Dear Narayan,

About your latest XESame question:
    Could you set the message level to 'debug' in the console tab and then rerun the conversion? This would output the exact query that is required to run. Then I can see what the exact problem is and provide you with a solution suggestion.

About ProM 6 in general:
    When you download ProM 6 3 'tools' are included:
    1) ProM 6 (to perform process mining)
    2) ProM Package Manager (to install, update and remove packages of plug-ins)
    3) XESame to convert non-event log data to the event log formats XES or MXML

These three tools are separate programs. So if you want to manage your packages you need to close ProM 6 and open the ProM Package Manager, f.i. through the Start menu.

Hope this helps,

Joos
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Please find below, the Debug info about the error.

2010-10-11 09:12:22: (PROGRESS) Starting step 1 of 5: initialization.
    2010-10-11 09:12:26: (PROGRESS) Starting step 2 of 5: Extracting log info.
    2010-10-11 09:12:26: (DEBUG) We are about to run the following query to extract the items for Log:
    SELECT 'TestLog' AS nullconcept_namenull, NOW() AS nullGeneration_Detailsnull, 'Joos Buijs' AS nullGeneration_Details|Authornull FROM events.csv AS events
    2010-10-11 09:12:26: (ERROR) There is an error in the query (turn on 'debug' mode to see it) to fetch the information for Log, this is the error we got: (-3504) [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] The SELECT statement includes a reserved word or an argument name that is misspelled or missing, or the punctuation is incorrect.
    2010-10-11 09:12:30: (PROGRESS) We stopped execution because of a critical error.

Thanks.
    Narayan.
  • Dear Narayan,

This is bug in XESame I'm afraid.
    To solve the problem go to the connection settings and set the 'SQL Query Column Seperator' values to a single space.

This bug will be solved in the next release of XESame.
    My apologies and thank you for reporting this!

Joos
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos,

What do mean by a single space?

I can see 2 value boxes, and in between them the 'column|name' text.

So what exactly you want me to enter in the 2 value boxes, at the "SQL Query Column Separator".

please advise.
    ---
    Thanks.
    Narayan.
  • Dear Narayan,

At the moment those boxes are empty, there is no character in them, if I'm correct.
    Please enter a single space (i.e. hit the space bar once) in each of the boxes. That way there is a value but its just one (invisible) space character.
    This will 'solve' the problem with the error in the query.

Please let me know if this works.

Joos
    Joos Buijs

• Dear joos.

I am still getting same errors.

I tried with single space in each box. also tried with multiple spaces in each box. same error both cases.

please advise.
  • Dear Narayan,

Could you click on the Help button in the top right corner of XESame and tell me which build you're using?

Also, could you tell me what your data source is? (Microsoft SQL, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL, .csv file, XML, etc. etc.)

Joos
    Joos Buijs

• Version: 1.0
    Build: Revision 5273 (2010-09-06 10:59:10 +0200 (Mon, 06 Sep 2010))

data source: I am just trying your examples right now.
    http://prom.win.tue.nl/research/wiki/xesame/examples
    both: multipleTableCSV and orderDemo.

Procedure: As your running example steps:

1) ran XESame.
    2) Loaded one of the mapping. example: I used /orderDemo/mappings/Order_demo.mapping
    3) 4) 5) followed accordingly.
    6) got test connection success.
    7) 8) when executing conversion: i am having these errors.
  • Hi Narayan,

I was able to reproduce and solve the problem.
    The example files published were made using an older version of XESame where the 'SQL Query column seperator' function was not build in yet.

I have uploaded a new version of the example zip file at
    http://prom.win.tue.nl/research/wiki/xesame/examples.
    Please note that the ODBC connection names are changed from XESMa..... to XESame.... It should work now.

I'll make sure that XESame will be able to handle these file more correctly in the next bugfix release.

Hope this fixes your problem and let me know if you have any more problems, comments or suggestions regarding XESame!

Joos
    Joos Buijs

• Thank you, the .xes file has been generated successfully.