To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Fodina :conformance testing plugin error

Hello friends, I can run the Fodina plugin on the ProM platform, but when I was doing conformance testing, I downloaded the testing plugin for this Fodina paper, and I found that I can't run it, and the name of the conformance testing jar package is: neconformance-2015-07-08, but the error that occurs when running the plugin is as shown in the error page, and the error message is as follows:

Start plug-in Get Behavioral (Weighted) Conformance Metric

-------- The following exception was logged by the framework: 

The exception was probalby handled properly. 

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(Unknown Source)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture.get(ProMFuture.java:119)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor$1.done(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:187)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture$1.done(ProMFuture.java:66)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: wrong number of arguments

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.PluginDescriptorImpl.execute(PluginDescriptorImpl.java:329)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor$1.doInBackground(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:149)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture$1.doInBackground(ProMFuture.java:56)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible that some package is missing from my ProM? I would be grateful if any of you could answer my questions for me!

Comments

• Hi,

No, there are no missing packages. The plugin itself is misconfigured in the source code. This plugin is implemented in org/processmining/plugins/neconformance/plugins/PetrinetEvaluatorPlugin.java, and contains the following lines (60-62):

@PluginVariant(variantLabel = "Wizard settings", requiredParameterLabels = { 0, 1 })

public static Double metricWizard(UIPluginContext context, XLog log, Petrinet onet, Marking marking) {

The PluginVariant annotation tells ProM that next to the context parameter the underlying method requires two parameters (at index 0 and at index 1, that is, a log and a Petri net). But the method also takes a marking as a parameter.

Because of this misconfiguration, you cannot run this plugin. You may want to contact the developers directly whether they can fix this. As this package is distributed separately from ProM, we cannot help you with this.

Kind regards, Eric.

• Thank you for your answer to my last question.Is there any plugin readily available in ProM to check consistency of Fodina? I have tried the common plugin Check Precision based on Align-ETCconformance , but the result is NaN. 

• Hi,

What do you mean with checking consistency of Fodina? What would be the inputs of the plugin, what would be its outputs, and what would be the relations?

Eric.

• I want to check the model quality of a Fodina method run: precision, complexity and so on. But I can't find any plugin to check the model quality, the inputs of the plugin should be a log file (.xes) and a model file (.PNML). Previously, I tried to use the plugin Check Precision based on Align-ETCconformance to check the model quality, but the precision came out as NaN, so I would like to know if there is any other plugin that can check the quality of the model run by the Fodina method?

• Hi,

You could try the "Replay a Log on Petri Net for Conformance Analysis" plugin to first compute fitness based on alignments. This plugin takes a log and a Petri net as inputs, so that should be no problem. Be aware, however, that the plugin may ask you for an initial marking and/or a final marking for doing the replay. It is good to know which markings that should be before starting the plugin.

Once you have the alignments, you can also compute other metrics like precision. Just select the log, the Petri net, and result of the replay, and check which plugins are offered for these inputs.

Kind regards, Eric.

• Thanks so much for the answer to my question, it's now resolved!