To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

plugin error running from CMD

I am running prom nightly build and I want to run local process mining discovery from command line interface:

my script.txt:

params = new org.processmining.lpm.dialogs.LocalProcessModelParameters();

params.setDiscoveryLog(log);

params.setEvaluationLog(log);

params.setSmartParameterDefaultsForDiscoveryLog();

model = runHeadless(context, params);

for (int i = 0; i < model.getSize(); i++) {

AcceptingPetriNet net = model.getNet(i).getAcceptingPetriNet();

String exportmodel = "/results/petrinet_" + i + ".pnml";

java.io.File exportfile = new java.io.File(exportmodel);

// Export the Petri net to PNML format

PnmlExportNet exporter = new PnmlExportNet();

exporter.exportPetriNetToPNMLFile(context, net, exportfile, PnmlFormat.PNML_1_4);

// Print the export information

print("<export file=\"" + exportmodel + "\">");

print("  <pluginfo>");

print("    <!-- Additional export information, if needed -->");

print("  </pluginfo>");

print("  <bytes>" + exportfile.length() + "</bytes>");

print("</export>");

}

and my batch file is the usual:

@GOTO start

:add

@set X=%X%;%1

@GOTO :eof

:start

@set X=.\dist\ProM-Framework.jar

@set X=%X%;.\dist\ProM-Contexts.jar

@set X=%X%;.\dist\ProM-Models.jar

@set X=%X%;.\dist\ProM-Plugins.jar

@for /R .\lib %%I IN ("*.jar") DO @call :add .\lib\%%~nI.jar

@set IMPORTLOG=EventLog\%1

@set EXPORTMODEL=%2.pnml

@set OUTPUT=.\results\%2.discover.log

.\jre8\bin\java -da -Xmx8G -classpath "%X%" -Djava.library.path=.//lib -Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true org.processmining.contexts.cli.CLI -f Scripts/Discover.txt 1> %OUTPUT% 2>&1

set X=

It says error:

Error while executing '[-f, Scripts/Discover.txt]'

org.processmining.contexts.scripting.ScriptExecutor$ScriptExecutionException: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``print("Discovering...");  importlog = System.getenv("IMPORTLOG"); exportmodel . . . '' : Undefined argument: context : at Line: 58 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``print("Discovering...");  importlog = System.getenv("IMPORTLOG"); exportmodel . . . '' : ( context , params ) 

Exception in thread "main" org.processmining.contexts.scripting.ScriptExecutor$ScriptExecutionException: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``print("Discovering...");  importlog = System.getenv("IMPORTLOG"); exportmodel . . . '' : Undefined argument: context : at Line: 58 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``print("Discovering...");  importlog = System.getenv("IMPORTLOG"); exportmodel . . . '' : ( context , params ) 

at org.processmining.contexts.scripting.ScriptExecutor.execute(ScriptExecutor.java:109)

at org.processmining.contexts.cli.CLI.main(CLI.java:47)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.processmining.framework.boot.Boot.boot(Boot.java:493)

at org.processmining.framework.boot.Boot.boot(Boot.java:460)

at org.processmining.contexts.cli.CLI.main(CLI.java:161)

Caused by: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``print("Discovering...");  importlog = System.getenv("IMPORTLOG"); exportmodel . . . '' : Undefined argument: context : at Line: 58 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``print("Discovering...");  importlog = System.getenv("IMPORTLOG"); exportmodel . . . '' : ( context , params ) 

Comments

• hverbeek
    edited January 12

Hi,

You cannot call a method that requires a plugin context, as you cannot get hold of a proper context. Please replace the following lines:

---8<----

PnmlExportNet exporter = new PnmlExportNet();

exporter.exportPetriNetToPNMLFile(context, net, exportfile, PnmlFormat.PNML_1_4);

---8<----

with the following line:

---8<----

pnml_export_petri_net_(net, exportfile);       

---8<----

and then try again.

The executor that runs the script actually knows that this method corresponds to a plugin, and then invokes the proper method while inserting a proper context for you.

In general, if you need to call a plugin from the CLI context, you call it by its declared plugin name. For the PNML exporter, this name is "PNML export (Petri net)" (see the @Plugin annotation for this), which then corresponds to the method name pnml_export_petri_net_: Every upper cases letter becomes a lower case letter, and every series of non alphanumerical characters is replaced by an underscore. Such a plugin method will automatically insert a proper context as the first argument.

Kind regards, Eric.

• I fixed it and looks like the main problem is with this :

model = runHeadless(context, params);

Error while executing '[-f, Scripts/Discover.txt]'

org.processmining.contexts.scripting.ScriptExecutor$ScriptExecutionException: Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``print("Discovering...");  importlog = System.getenv("IMPORTLOG"); exportmodel . . . '' : Undefined argument: context : at Line: 59 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``print("Discovering...");  importlog = System.getenv("IMPORTLOG"); exportmodel . . . '' : ( context , params ) 

I tried model = search_for_local_process_models(log);

but it is not outputting the AcceptingPetriNet

Thank you.

• Hi,

I see. When I suggested you to use the runHeadless method, I did not realize that it needed a plugin context as first argument, and that this would not work.

Indeed, the result of search_for_local_process_models(log) is an LPMXLog, which basically just wraps the log.

I've now reinstated the older headless plugin that does result in a LocalProcessModelRanking instead of a LPMXLog. This plugin can be called from your script in two ways:

1. model = headless_search_for_local_process_models(log)
    2. model = headless_search_for_local_process_models(params)

The first option creates default parameter values and uses that to discover a local process model from the provided log. The second takes the provided parameter values (which include the log) for the discovery.

See https://github.com/promworkbench/LocalProcessModelDiscovery/blob/main/src/org/processmining/lpm/discovery/LocalProcessModelDiscoveryHeadless.java for details.

This plugin is available in newly released version 6.14.3 of the LocalProcessModelDiscovery package, please update this package first.

Kind regards, Eric.

• Thank you, this is very helpful. However, a problem that occurs is that in both variants, the methods are lead to a StackOverFlowError.

just calling model = headless_search_for_local_process_models(log) alone leads to this error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.PluginDescriptorImpl.execute(PluginDescriptorImpl.java:331)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor$1.doInBackground(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:154)

at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture$1.doInBackground(ProMFuture.java:56)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError

at org.processmining.lpm.discovery.LocalProcessModelDiscoveryHeadless.runHeadless(LocalProcessModelDiscoveryHeadless.java:34)

at org.processmining.lpm.discovery.LocalProcessModelDiscoveryHeadless.runHeadless(LocalProcessModelDiscoveryHeadless.java:34)

• Hi,

Yes, right. I only tested the other plugin method and did not notice that the second one simply keeps calling itself. A new version (6.14.4) solving this is on its way.

Kind regards, Eric.