To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

log pattern explorer (LPE)

Hello, prom support, 
I use prom 6.9 on windows 10. I want to locate the log pattern explorer. Pls how do i locate this pluggin. 
thanks

Answers

• Hi,

On https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/ProM69/Plugins and https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/ProM69/PluginVariants you will find two tables listing plugins and plugin variants. You can use these tables to find which package contains which plugin.

The Log Pattern Explorer is located in the LogPatternExplorer package. This package is not installed by default, Please use the ProM Package Manager to install this package. Then close the Package Manager and start ProM again, the plugin will be available

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Hello, thanks for your reply. however, i have installed the LPE package by using the prom package manager. afterwards, I opened prom, but the LPE plugin is not in the plugin list
  • Hi,

The Log Pattern Explorer is a visualizer plugin. As such, it does not appear in the Actions view in ProM.

If you have imported an event log, please visualize that event log using the default visualizer. Then change the visualizer to the Log Pattern Explorer using the drop down menu in the bar just above the visualization (to the left of the six round buttons at the far right). This opens the Log Pattern Explorer.

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• pls, what is the name of the default visualizer?
  • Hi,

Please select the event log in the Workspace view, and then select the "view resource "button (with the eye symbol, the second from left in the row with four round buttons). This opens the default visualizer for the event log. It is called "Log Visualizer".

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Thanks alot hverbeek. I have found your suggestion helpful. also, pls how do i locate "direct context detector" pplugin???
  • Hi,

That's a plugin I'm not familiar with. Where did you came across that name?

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • direct context detector is used alongside with log pattern explorer to determine the number of times an activity occurred in an event log. it was mentioned in this article: "Semi-Supervised Log Pattern Detection and Exploration Using Event Concurrence and Contextual Information"
  • Hi,

The "direct context detector" is one of the patterns that can be selected in the Log Pattern Explorer. It is not a separate plugin.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Ok, Eric, where can I select the direct context detector, as a pattern in the log pattern explorer. Is there a button for this?
  • Hi,

In the area on the far right in the Log Pattern Explorer there is a drop down list that includes the direct context detector. Select that one, and then select the Create Pattern button just above the dropdown list.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • ok. thanks a lot, Eric. Pls, how can one determine the coordinates while creating a pattern through the direct context detector??
  • oluwande said:
    ok. thanks a lot, Eric. Pls, how can one determine the coordinates while creating a pattern through the direct context detector??
    Hi oluwande,

I am not sure what you mean with coordinate. If you mean the instances of a pattern, then for each pattern detected and listed, there should be a button called "focus" right below the pattern. If you click on the button, the instances of this pattern will be highlighted in the "tiles" view. 

If you mean how to select the core activity, then in the visualized "tiles", you can select ONE tile as the core activity.  
    After that, if you apply the direct context detector, the discovered patterns will have this activity as core-activity. 

Kind regards, 

Xixi. 
  • Thanks, Xixi, within the context detector environment, does clicking the "create Pattern " button allows the selection of core activity?
  • also, when do we use direct context detector and when do we use episode detector?
  • oluwande said:
    Thanks, Xixi, within the context detector environment, does clicking the "create Pattern " button allows the selection of core activity?
    "Create pattern" allows you to create your own pattern. It opens a text editor. You might change the label of the core activity in the editor. 
    BR, Xixi
  • XLu
    XLu
    edited June 2020
    oluwande said:
    also, when do we use direct context detector and when do we use episode detector?
    "direct context" detector only detects the direct preceding and succeeding events of a core-event (e.g., <..X, Y, Z...>). Their labels are then used to derive the patterns. The episode detector calls an existing approach (by M. Leemans et al. Discovery of Frequent Episodes in Event Logs). This approach detects subsequent patterns (e.g., if variant <..A, ...Y, ...., B...> is frequent, then A-> Y -> B is extracted as an episode.
  • Dear XLu, thanks so much for your prompt response. pls, how can the Log pattern explorer be located within the L2ME environment? Thanks once again
  • oluwande said:
    Dear XLu, thanks so much for your prompt response. pls, how can the Log pattern explorer be located within the L2ME environment? Thanks once again
    At the left hand side of the L2ME visualizer, at the bottom, there should be a dropdown option in the panel to select different visualizations, where you should be able to select Log Pattern Explorer. If you don't see that, pls let me know. 
  • Thanks, Xixi Lu for your response. I have attempted your suggestion, but on my screen, from the dropdown menu, LPE is not listed in the visualization list.  I can only see NO_PARRALEL_MINIMAL, AS_IS, IvM, ILP, RELABEL, AND RELABEL (new window). 

Also, I wish to know the plugin for label refinement withing the TRACEMATCHING package. Thanks
  • oluwande said:
    Thanks, Xixi Lu for your response. I have attempted your suggestion, but on my screen, from the dropdown menu, LPE is not listed in the visualization list.  I can only see NO_PARRALEL_MINIMAL, AS_IS, IvM, ILP, RELABEL, AND RELABEL (new window). 

Also, I wish to know the plugin for label refinement withing the TRACEMATCHING package. Thanks
    This is indeed the case. The L2Me plugin is implemented in the TraceMatching package, whereas the Log pattern explorer in the LPE package. I enable the visualization in the code. However, the LPE package is not labeled as established yet in ProM, thus TraceMatching package cannot use LPE package. Currently, using LPE within L2Me can only be made possible when ProM is run from the code.