To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Root Cause Performance Analysis

Hi,

I have installed a package called RootCauseAnalysis into ProM 6.9 and the plug-in shows as Discover Root Causes for Process Performance. However, an error came out as "Exception happened: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size:0. Have anyone encounter with this type of issue? Any advice on how to solve it?

Comments

• Hi Nicky,

This may be the result of the log that you are actually using.

Many plugins need a certain property to hold on the log at hand, and many of these plugins simply assume that the log satisfies the property. Example properties include that every event in the log has a timestamp, or that every trace contains at least one event. IF you happen to use a log that does not satisfy this property, the plugin will fail.

It would help if you could tell me in which filename and on which line the exception occurs. Otherwise, if you can share the log, please share the log, so I can try the plugin on that log.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Hi Eric,

I used two different event logs to ensure no problem of disqualification of event log property; one event log is from the sample of demo project to introduce Disco called, Raw data after import (will attach this one) and the other event log from one of the task I'm working on. 

The difference between these two event logs is that one has the start and end timestamp for each activity (the one I attach), and the other only has the start of each activity. Both have all minimum requirement of event log for process mining; subject id, activity and timestamp. 

I really appreciate your help in trying the plug-in with the data I attached it. Thank you so much.

• I also meet this error, waiting for your response.