To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Conformance checking

gSeb
edited June 2011 in Process Mining
Hello,

I have a small question regarding conformance checking (and audit for deviation).
After having filtered and removed all the suspicious cases of a log, I have been able to discover a nice model with fitness of 1 that represents quite nicely the expected work flow (although there is no pre-existing model).

Now I'd like to replay my original non-filtered log over the discovered model, so I can spot all potential deviations. However I don't find any option in the "Conformance Checker" plug-in to define the reference log and model (like it is possible in the Control Flow Benchmark).

Is there any plug-in available for what I intend to do, either in ProM 5 or 6 ?
Thanks

Comments

• Hi 'gSeb',

There are 2 solutions:
    If you want to use the conformance checker of ProM 5.2 you should first load in the original, non-filtered, event log. If you then load your process model (which you could save as a PNML file) and connect it to the event log (it asks you this when you do it in this order) you should be able to check for conformance on your original event log. But keep in mind that all activities that are in the event log but not in you process model are not taken into account.

The other option is to use the cost-based fitness analysis developed by A. Adriansyah. If you load your event log and process model into Prom 6 you can run this plug-in on these two objects. In this case, keep in mind that you should mark your silent transitions as silent in a separate step.
    Even though the output is not a process model with the deviations, the result can help you in identifying traces that deviate from the given process model.

Let me/us know what worked for you!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

thanks for the 1 solution, this one worked fine.
    Regarding the 2nd one, I've not been able to find the cost-based fitness analysis, only the fitness plug-in from Yuliani/Verbeek (however I admit I am not very accustomed with v6 interface).

--Sebastien
  • Hi Sebastien,

I'm sorry, the plug-in for option 2 is called 'replay log on/in...' followed by 'Petri net', 'Flexible model' etc....

Let me know if you tried it and if you can use it.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

I've found the "Replay Log in SPD, but how do you get a Simple Precedence Diagram from a Petri Net ?

--Sebastien
  • Hi Sebastien,

I'm sure that there is also a Petri Net variant of the replay plug-in! Have you tried searching for this plug-in in the actions view of ProM 6 without any objects on the left or right side??? It could be that you have just the wrong subtype of Petri Net or something....
    Joos Buijs

• Hi Joos,

I have tried to perform all operations directly in ProM 6 from the beginning (discovery, ...), but I still don't find a replay log plug-in that works only with a Petri Net and a log file as an input.

In which package should it be contained ? perhaps I have not installed it.

--Sebastien
  • Hi Sebastien,

It should be present in the Replayer package!
    I found the Java class here
    https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/browser/Packages/Replayer/Trunk/src/org/processmining/plugins/petrinet/replayer

Let me know if this helps...
    Joos Buijs

• Hi Joos,

I am probably getting blind, but I am still not able to find the plug-in.
    However it does not really matter, the solution in ProM 5.2 works fine.

Thanks for you help anyway.
    --Sebastien