To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Filter Log using Simple Heuristics error

I am trying to run the filter with a simple heuristics plugin in ProM6. 
I don't know why i am getting this errror

Start plug-in Filter Log using Simple Heuristics
-------- The following exception was logged by the framework: 
         The exception was probalby handled properly. 
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.get(SwingWorker.java:602)
at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture.get(ProMFuture.java:119)
at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor$1.done(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:192)
at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture$1.done(ProMFuture.java:66)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$5.run(SwingWorker.java:737)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.run(SwingWorker.java:832)
at sun.swing.AccumulativeRunnable.run(AccumulativeRunnable.java:112)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$DoSubmitAccumulativeRunnable.actionPerformed(SwingWorker.java:842)
at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Timer.java:313)
at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Timer.java:245)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:74)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
at org.GNOME.Accessibility.AtkWrapper$6.dispatchEvent(AtkWrapper.java:715)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:205)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.PluginDescriptorImpl.execute(PluginDescriptorImpl.java:329)
at org.processmining.framework.plugin.impl.AbstractPluginDescriptor$1.doInBackground(AbstractPluginDescriptor.java:154)
at org.processmining.framework.plugin.ProMFuture$1.doInBackground(ProMFuture.java:56)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
at java.util.HashMap.newNode(HashMap.java:1750)
at java.util.HashMap.putVal(HashMap.java:631)
at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:612)
at org.deckfour.xes.model.impl.XAttributeMapImpl.clone(XAttributeMapImpl.java:99)
at org.deckfour.xes.model.impl.XEventImpl.clone(XEventImpl.java:159)
at org.deckfour.xes.model.impl.XTraceImpl.clone(XTraceImpl.java:136)
at org.deckfour.xes.model.impl.XLogImpl.clone(XLogImpl.java:170)
at org.processmining.plugins.log.logfilters.LogFilter.filter(LogFilter.java:185)
at org.processmining.plugins.log.logfilters.impl.FinalEventLogFilter.filterWithClassifier(FinalEventLogFilter.java:55)
at org.processmining.plugins.log.logfilters.ui.LogFilterUI$EndEventStep.getLog(LogFilterUI.java:618)
at org.processmining.plugins.log.logfilters.ui.LogFilterUI.filter(LogFilterUI.java:145)
at org.processmining.plugins.log.logfilters.ui.LogFilterPlugin.main(LogFilterPlugin.java:19)
... 13 more
--------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• Dear,

The key line here is the following:
    Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

This means that ProM ran out of memory. You can change the memory setting either through the ProM Package Manager, or by editing one of the following files (in the folder where you have installed ProM) mannually:
    - ProM*.bat (if you start ProM throguth this batch file)
    - ProM*.l4j.ini (if you start ProM throguh the ProM*.exe file)
    - ProM*.sh (if you start ProM thorugh this shell file)
    These files contain an "-Xmx"setting which determines how much memory the Java VM that is running ProM may take. My guess is that in your case it says "-Xmx1G". Changing this to "-Xmx4G"may help here (assuming that your computer has more than 4 GB of RAM).

Kind regards,
    Eric.

• Thanks Eric but i think i have set memory setting to 4GB through the ProM package manager. Is it due to the event log is too huge??
  • Yes, that could also be. Perhaps better to import the log using the "Open XES Log File (XESLite - MapDB)" importer (or one of the other XESLite importers). The "Open XES Log File (Naive)"importer stores the entire log into memory, the XESLite importers try to avoid that.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Thanks a lot!!