To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Research in process mining

pcoder
edited July 2011 in Process Mining
Dear all,

I am interested in research on "Process Mining". I would be thankful to anybody who could point be out the latest researches going on in this area. I have looked at a number of papers by Van Der Aalst et. al.

Also I would like to know if there are any resources to learn ProM.

Thank you,

Comments

• Hi 'pcoder',

First of all, welcome aboard :)

I think this discussion will help you get started:
    http://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/12/where-to-find-whats
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thank you JBuijs for your quick reply and the links,
    I am looking at the resources you gave, hopefully I will have more questions :)

Until then, Good bye.

Thank you,

• Hi, guys.

I am wandering how alpha algorithm works for Petri net from the given log? Is there any pseudo code about that?
    Thank you.

Jane
  • Isabel
    edited January 2012
    Hi Jane,

I'm wondering why your question goes to this discussion but nevermind:

1. The wikipedia entry presents how the alpha algorithm works:

2. The official paper (at least used as reference for the alpha algorithm in van der Aalsts book on process mining) would be:

3. I'd also like to point out the mentioned book on process mining (containing a description of the alpha algorithm with some examples):

Kind regards,
    Isabel
  • Hi Isabel,

Thank you for answering Jane's question, this is why we have a forum: so that everyone can ask and answer questions :)

I agree that a new topic could have been created for this question. However, due to a small bug I can not split it at the moment so I'll leave it as it is for now.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thank you for Isabel's reply.
    The reason i posted the question here is that it meets the topic.^_^.

While I do not think the alpha algorithm in workflow mining paper of van der Aalsts is clear to understand.
    If i give you a log like that,  W = {BEFMNGH, BEFNMGH, BEMNGFH, BENMGFH, BFEMNGH, BFENMGH,
    BEMNFGH, BENMFGH}. According to the algorithm, we can know Tw, Ti, To. Can you desribe the Xw, Yw, Fw? Thank you.
  • Dear Jane,

the required formal descriptions in the workflow mining paper (I assume you are referring to [1]) are indeed a bit scattered throughout the paper IMHO.

I suggest you read the example for the alpha algorithm in [2] (page 133 pp., maybe start a few pages earlier to get the concept of the footprint). The book generally tries to be suitable for a broader audience compared to the scientific publications, so I highly recommend it to you.

Kind regards,
    Isabel

[1] W. M. P. van der Aalst, T. Weijters, and L. Maruster, “Workflow mining: discovering process models from event logs,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 1128–1142, 2004.
    [2] W. M. P. van der Aalst, Process Mining, 1st ed. Springer Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2011.
  • naser18
    edited April 2012
    My master's thesis topic is about the Process Mining. but i have no
    idea for writing proposal.please help me and send for me Log files
    relevant .
    (Especially about the discovery.)I have read this book (Process
    Mining Discovery, Conformance and Enhancement of Business Processes) and i use Prom soft with  logfiles and examples relevant.I am confused ,and i am interest working on discovery or prediction. but i have no idea .for example i don't khnow that how division of work between employees in office or Predict how long it takes to be all work.
    BEST WISHES.

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish⇄AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish
    Detect language » Hungarian

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish⇄AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish
    Detect language » Hungarian

at

发音: æt

所有意思

1. 在...
    2. 做
    3. 正在
    4. 中
    5. 向
    6. 以
    7. 用
    8. 在