To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Filter certain traces based on event sequence

rbutler
edited June 2011 in - Usage
Hi there,

I my log file I have some traces which should not be considered. Those particular traces contain a certain sequence of events. How can I filter out all of those traces with that sequence (pattern abstraction?)?

Thanks,
Ralf

Comments

• Hi Ralf,

It is unclear on what you meant by filtering. If you are interested in selecting only those traces that contain the pattern (event sequence), then pattern abstractions plug-in can help you in that. However if you want to consider all traces that do not contain the event sequence, then it is not possible with pattern abstractions.

I make an assumption that the event sequence repeats in multiple traces or within a trace.

Best Regards,
    JC

• Hi JC, indeed, I want to consider all traces that do not contain a certain sequence of events. This sequence appears in multiple traces.

Thanks,
    Ralf
  • Hi Ralf,

I think this is possible with an LTL formula. If the standard formula's don't contain a sequence of activities that is long enough then you can specify your own LTL formula's to fit your purpose.
    See the LTL documentation here to get started:
    https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/browser/Documentation/LTL-Manual
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology