To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Error in importing log to Prom6

Mousavi
edited June 2011 in ProM 6

Dear friends,
I use Prom6 as a developer.After I run when I want to import a log ,an error appear :

"Error with import of C:/log.mxml: java.lang.exception :no process instances contained in log !"
I'm sure that the log has process instances,I dont know what is the problem !
Do you know what is the problem? and what can I solve it?

some months ago I had this problem and I dont know how it was solved,Joos Buijs suggested a solution (delet all files in workspace file of .prom ),I did it but it couldn't solve the problem,please guide me.

Thanks alot
Mousavi

Comments

• Hi Mousavi,

Do my replies in this related topic help you?
    Comparing your MXML file with the repairExample for instance could help detect the problem.

Let me know!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos Buijs,

I did it but I think the problem isn't  beacuse of log , I think problem is beacuse of the prom . beacuse this problem happend 4-5 times to me, and always I cant understand why it happen and how it repair!!!!!

Please guide me :(

• Can you paste part of the log here so we can inspect it?
    Or you can send the whole log to me via e-mail so I can have a look at it.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos Buijs,
    I think I know what was the problem :)
    I had "Low disc space" warning in my Operating System(windows xp), after I free some space, the problem of importing log was solved :)
    thanks alot
    Mousavi
  • Dear Mousavi,

Thank you for sharing your solution, this might help others to quickly solve their problems.

Good luck mining your event logs!!!
    Joos Buijs