To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Handling large production event log file

am trying to analyse a production event log having four thousand records - want to get the animated process view using Inductive miner - but not able to see spikes clearly in normal 17 inch monitor - and overall its very slow. small files are working fine though.
 is ProM6.6 is used to analyse larger production event logs? can you please throw some lights how larger files are handled via ProM6.6

Comments

• Dear,

I guess this depends on which importer you have used for the event log. If you have used the naive XES importer, then the entire event log will be stored in main memory, which may cause the VM to start swapping memory blocks to and from disk. For large event logs, it is typically better to use one of the XES Lite importer developed by Felix Mannhardt. The memory footprint of an event log imported by these plug-ins is much smaller than with using the naive importer.

Kind regards,

Eric.

• Hi Eric, here are the steps I followed:
    1. my input log is a CSV file
    2. I imported the same
    3. then converted the CSV to XES using 'convert csv to xes' plugin
    4. then viewing it using inductive visual miner

can you please outline the steps which I need to follow ?
  • Hi,

If I'm correct, the CSV to XES converter allows you to select an XFactory. This XFactory determines the implementation used for storing the log in memory. Choosing a different XFactory may help to reduce the footprint of the log in memory.

Kind regards,

Eric.