To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Start event , end devent not detected when start and end time contain millisecond

Hi , i've installed ProM6.6, I found below issue - can anyone pls clarify
1. its working fine when event log file has start and end time with no millisecond.
2. but when Start Time and end Time has millisecond(example: "4/4/2018 9:26:56.741000 AM") , ProM 6.6 is not detecting start event and end event properly.
is there any work around on this issue?

Comments

• Dear,

Which plug-in are you using to detect these start and end events?

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • Hi Eric, thanks for your response.
    input is a CSV file, Plug in is: "Convert CSV to XES"
  • May I get some further insight pls?
  • Hi,

I asked the developer of that plug-in to respond to your question, as he is the expert on it. Apparently, that did not happen yet. I know some things, but my knowledge may be not entirely up-to-date.

I know there has been an issue with millisecond precision with this CSV to XES plug-in. I checked the sources, and there the millisecond precision issue is mentioned explicitly., which  makes me believe the plug-in should now handle this correctly.

You mention that you're using ProM 6.6, which is almost two years old now. Would it be possible for you to use a more recent version, like ProM 6.7, or (even better) the most recent ProM Nightly Build (see http://www.promtools.org/doku.php?id=nightly)? It is very well possible that in these versions the problem has been already solved.

Kind regards,

Eric.