To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Pattern Abstractions in a Single Trace

edgar
edited September 2012 in - Usage
I'm having some trouble at the moment with defining a good start/end-event of traces in my event log since it is very fine-grained. What I would like to do is treat the event log as a single trace, and use the Pattern Abstractions-plugin to find and replace abstractions. Hopefully this will make it easier for me to define a start/end-event since the log will be stripped of unnecessary details.

However, the plugin doesn't find any repeats in the trace at all. I know for sure that there exist a lot of repeats (even single events that repeat x times). Is it necessary to have multiple traces and does my approach make sense?

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• jcbose
    Accepted Answer
    Dear Edgar,

Thanks for the question. There was a bug in the Pattern Abstractions Plug-in code when the log has only one trace. I have fixed it and it should work now. You can uncover patterns (if they exist) in the lone trace.

I have also released the updated plug-in. It takes a day for the changes to be reflected in the nightly-build release. However, if you are working on eclipse using the SVN code (and not the release), you can use it immediately.

Best,
    JC

Answers

• Hi JC,

Thank you for your response. The plugin used to work for me after your fix, but since the 6.2 update the plugin doesn't show up in ProM anymore!
  • I'm a beginner in proM. Now i reading proM tutorial "3.2 Mining Case-Related Information about a Process", but i can't find "Pattern Abstraction" plugin. Where i cant find it? Thax