To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Action View/Plug-in Problems with ProM6.2 Tutorial

FraDibbe1
edited January 2013 in ProM 6
Hi everyone, i'm an Italian university student and i'm starting to work with your tool. 
Unfortunatly, after installation i'm experiencing some problems.
Reading "Getting started" PDF  (http://www.promtools.org/prom6/downloads/prom-6.0-getting-started.pdf) i didn't find the "BPMN2010" plug-in in the Plug-in Manager. 
However, at the maiden run of ProM6.2, it called the Plug-in manager and downloaded automatically some plug-in.

(see dir.png)

I finished reading the "Getting started" PDF because i thinked that the automatical phase of download has taken for me the BPMN2010 package.
(But until now it's not present in the "Up-to-date" panel of Plug-in Manager).

When i started reading the "ProM 6 Tutorial" (http://www.promtools.org/prom6/downloads/prom-6.0-tutorial.pdf) i get stucked on "Cleaning the Log" section because in my version of ProM, the standard tools are missing!

After importing the repairExample.xes the action "Simple Log Filter" is missing from the list, either the Alpha Algorithm is missing (but there is "Mine for a Petri Net using Alpha Algorithm").

(see Action.png)

Maybe some of the action have been renamed? Or i didn't took the right plug-in? 
In that case where I can find the BPMN2010 plug-in?
In fact it's not present in the "Not installed" plug-in list either. (see prom.png)

I posted here 3 screen shots of ProM running on my machine.
I tried the installation procedure on 2 PC running respectively Windows 8 and Windows Vista, same problems on both machines.

I hope you will help me, Thank you! 

Best Answer

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer
    Dear FraDibbe1,

You're right, the actions/plug-ins have been
    renamed. The alpha plug-in is renamed as you mentioned, the simple log
    filter is now called "Filter log using simple heuristics".

The BPMN2012 package is replaced by the "AllPackages" package I believe.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Answers

• FraDibbe1
    edited January 2013
    Dear JBuijs,
    thank you for your fast reply. I found the Filter log using simple heuristics Action and it worked like the tutorial said.
    I hope that i don't find other mismatches in the tutorial, they are very confusing =)
    Thank you for your help.

• FraDibbe1
    edited January 2013
    I have another problem using the GUI of ProM 6.2 .
    In the tutorial PDF in section 3.2 "Mining Case-Related Information about a Process" it's said that one can extract patterns from an event log by clicking  "Pattern Abstractions visualizer", but in ProM6.2 there is no Pattern Abstractions visualizer, but there is Show sequence and Patterns. 
    Now if i choose the option the window that appears is very different from the one showed in Fig.11 and 12 of the PDF.

(see patterns.png)

Where should i go on the GUI to continue follow the tutorial ? 

Thank you.
  • I solved the last situation using ProM 6.1 .
    The Pattern Abstractions is were it would be.