To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Import XES files

secotofrei
edited June 2012 in - Usage

Hello,

Trying to run the example from Tutorial ProM 6, I noticed that a file  with extension .xes is imported in Workspace as a file .mxml (the dialog window "Select an import Plugins" offering three options,ProM log files). But from Figure 4. of the Tutorial I saw that the imported file kept its extension, .xes. So my question is: ProM 6.1 may import an .xes file as a workspace resource .xes (which implies that I'm either doing a wrong manipulation or my installation is missing a package) ?.

Sincerely yours,

Paul Cotofrei

Best Answers

• cbarua
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Paul,

To import a .xes file I selected in the File Type, ProM Log Files

Hope this helps.

Claudio
  • JBuijs
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Paul,

The name of the event log shown in ProM 6 is not the file name but the value of the concept:name attribute of the log element.
    I believe that this .xes log has been converted from an .mxml log at some point and has been given this name.

Internally, ProM 6 will keep all event logs in the XES format using the OpenXES libraries, also MXML event logs.

So, everything is OK :)
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Answers

• Hi Claudio,

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that when I try to import  repairExample.xes (as mentioned in Tutorial), even using the file type ProM Log Files, the resulted resource is repairExample.mxml. And, as I read, the standard .xes is the succesor of mxml, so I don't understand why the last version of ProM convert implicitly a .xes file in a .mxml.

Sincerely yours,

Paul

• Hi,

Thank you, you have right: I checked the file "repairExample.xes" with a text editor and indeed the key "concept:name" has as value "repairExample.mxml". In fact, the problem is that prom-6.0-tutorial is out-of-date (hyperlinks  -- page 6 --, figures, functionalities -- there is no section "Event Name AND Resource" in the Summary tab, as mentionned in page 8 --, package name -- there is no action "Simple log filter" (page 10), but "Filter log using simple heuristics", etc..).

Sincerely yours,

Paul

• hello
    when I load event log with .xes extention, I face with "Error with import of (Ljava.io.File;@19b08cc:java.lang.exception: No processes contained in log!" error.

please guide me.