To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Multiple Values for EventOrder

Antje
edited August 2012 in - XESame

Hi,

I've got a problem concerning the EventOrder Attribute. XESAME seems only to support one value for this Attribute. But in fact I need two values for this attribute. My problem ist that only the combination of 2 attributes identifies the correct order of the events. Therefore I need to define something like "order by a, b". After executing a mapping with 2 values in EventOrder it doesn´t finish anymore. It stays in Step 4 creating a trace. I need to close the whole application to continue.

So is there any solution fo rmy problem?

kind regards,

antje

Answers

• Hi Antje,

You could concatenate the values, for instance by filling in ' a & "-" & b ' to create the order string 'a-b'.

Hope this helps.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

yes, I had the same idea. But unfortunately that doesn´t work.

For instance I've got 2 concatenated values:

Value A: "5.02.2002 14:21:07 16"

Value B: "5.02.2002 14:21:07 5"

If I order the eventlog by these values, B always comes after A. But in fact it happened before A.

Anyway as a workaround I`ve created a new database table with a order sequence. This solved my problem so far. But I would be really happy, if there will be any functionality in future to support 2 order attributes.

kind regards,

antje