To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Error trying to connect XESame to a derby embedded database

ricardo
edited May 2012 in - XESame
Hello there! : )

I'm trying to configure XESame to connect to a local derby database running in embedded mode.

My settings, which by the way work really smooth under Squirrel, are:

URL to Database: jdbc:derby:/home/ricardo/db/t2-database-28
JDBC Driver: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
JDBC Driver Location: /home/ricardo/derby-libs/derby.jar

Everytime I click 'Test Connection' I got this error:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.apache.derby.jdbc.AutoloadedDriver.getDriverModule()Ljava/sql/Driver; from class org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver

Thanks!

Answers

• Unfortunately, this sounds as a bug in the Apache Derby library. Are you sure you're using the correct JDBC driver string? And do other tools that connect through JDBC using that library work? (Such a SquirrelSQL)
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • ricardo
    edited May 2012
    Hi JBuijs,

yes, I'm quite sure about that. Those settings are the same ones, that I use on Squirrel.

Unfortunately it doesn't work in XESame but work on Squirrel.

I'm start thinking that the problem could be in load an external derby.jar... I'm going to test launching XESame in Linux and set the CLASSPATH variable with the lib/derby.jar file instead of loading it in XESame.

If it works I let you know.

Thanks!