To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Converting Apache2 access log to MXML

veikok
edited January 2011 in - ProMimport
Hello!

I am trying to convert my Apache2 access log to MXML, but what ever date format I use, I get the same error:

Import filter 'Apache 2' initialized.
   Filter import routine invoked in dedicated thread...
   Parsing file 'test3.log'...
+++ERROR: ImportFilter 'Apache 2' has died during import routine.
+++ERROR: Error message was:
+++ERROR: Fatal error in class 'org.processmining.prim.filters.Apache'.
Exception: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700"
+++ERROR: Fatal error in class 'org.processmining.prim.filters.Apache'.
Exception: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700"
--- Original exception caught: ---
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700"
Original stack trace:
parse in java.text.DateFormat (null, line -1)
retrieveLogs in org.processmining.prim.filters.Apache (Apache.java, line 105)
run in org.processmining.prim.util.ImportFilterThread (ImportFilterThread.java, line 87)

Duration: 3 milliseconds.

For testing purposes I have only one line in my log file:

127.0.0.1 - frank [10/Oct/2000:13:55:36 -0700] "GET /apache_pb.gif HTTP/1.0" 200 2326

Can anybody guess, what the matter is?

Comments

• What I could think of is that ProM Import the same date/time notation assumes in the Apache log as your current (Windows) date and time settings.
    You might want to change the Windows locale settings to display dates in the same format as in your Apache log.

Let us know if this worked!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • It worked :) Thank you, Joos!
  • Thank you for letting us know.

Happy mining!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • i hope to know how you change date format and where you change format??

plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help me plz