To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Problem about Unterstanding Log Files

StudentLeno29
edited March 2012 in Event Logs

Hi my name is Richard and iam from Germany.

I study Bachelor of Business Information Systems and want to write about the Process Mining in connection with Microsoft CRM 2011.

I have a big problem and i dont know how to solve it.My question is about the log files.The MS CRM2011 only traces in this log files all exception and error that are thrown by users but not audit workflows or processes.

I have als access to the Database of MS CRM 2011.Have i to construct my logs from this Database? I dont know how this logs look like ? have anyone one example as a csv file i would me help to unterstand what log files are contain.

Thank you very much.

Answers

• Hi Richard,

I think that if you look around on this forum and on processmining.org that you should be able to find the relevant information.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • OK i looked at processmining.org and in this Forum.But i dont find any Information.

The extract of Date is a difficult process.If anybody have some experience with the extraction the relevant Data from Database, i would be glad if he or she can help me.

Thank you