To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

The timestamp stuff in XESame

Franklyn
edited January 2012 in - XESame
Hello there:

Now I am using XESame1.1 (included in ProM 6.1) and infront of some problems.
It is all about the timestamp in XESame. When I was coverting a .csv file into .xes log file (using events.csv in XESame example), the format of time is incompatible with US time format. I assume that the default time format is dd-mm-yyyy which is using in EU. However, I have changed the value of time:timestamp attribute to time:timestamp [{mm-dd-yyyy hh:mm}], it just does not work. The output in the xes log file is like this:
<date key="time:timestamp" value="0006-07-02T10:00:00.000-05:00"/>.
I would like to know how to deal with this, thanks.

PL

Answers

• JBuijs
    edited January 2012
    Hi Franklyn,

The time format you specify in the time:timestamp attribute tells XESame to handle the timestamps of the CSV file as the format you specified (e.g. US format). Since the timestamps in the CSV are not in US format but in the EU format (dd-mm-yyyy) this will lead to incorrect results as you mentioned.

The correct procedure is to tell XESame in which time format the timestamps are in the CSV file (in this case the EU format). The timestamp in the resulting XES file is always of the format yyyy-mm-ddThh:MM:ss.SSS-Z (or something very similar, I don't know it by hart). This is to ensure that all XES files contain the same timeformat to prevent confusion about this.
    See also this detailed discussion:
    http://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/33/datetime-format-in-xes-and-mxml-event-logs#Item_4

I hope this clarifies the issue. Please let us know if you have any remaining questions.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology