To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

What's size of installed Prom on my system??

rabiasultan
edited December 2011 in - Usage
I have installed Prom on Windows 7 (64 bit). 
As the attachment show, Prom is showing 28.3 GB size of installed Prom.
I am sure it actually isn't occupying this much memory because my 
C Drive (in which Prom is installed) dint have 28.3 GB free space.
So why is it showing 28.3 GB?
Has my system got some virus??

Also when I run it, my Windows Task Manager don't start any new processes.
Is it really so or I am not recognizing them??

Best Answers

• JBuijs
    Accepted Answer
    On my computer it shows roughly the same, 26.6 GB.
    I notified one of the main developers of ProM since this number is surely incorrect.
    So be assured, this does not indicate the presence of a virus.

ProM also does not show up as an application in my task manager but it does show up as a process.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • hverbeek
    Accepted Answer
    I guess for the next release we need to update the install builder software. For ProM 6.1, we used BitRock InstallBuilder 6.5.3, which apparently contains a bug when estimating the required disk size on Window 7 platforms (see http://installbuilder.bitrock.com/changelog.html and search for "estimated size"). This problem has been solved as of InstallBuilder 7.0.4.

So, yes, it's a bug, but a bug in the install builder software we used.

Answers

• Thank you! I'll see inspect the processes in my task manager again.
  • Small correction to my previous post: ProM does show up as an application in the task manager.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology