To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

error when creating xes file

pforjoe
edited November 2011 in - XESame
Hi,

I am trying to create an xes file but I keep getting this error (attached conslole image) and I have no idea what to change. Any thoughts?

Powis

Comments

• Hi Powis,

This is a strange error since the query for the 'Log' object runs succesfully on the provided table.
    Are you sure that there is an 'orderId' column? This type of error usually indicates that there is a typing error in your query.

You could try to use SquirrellSQL for instance to inspect how the datasource 'looks like' over ODBC.

Please let me know if you need more help.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

I downloaded Squirrell SQL but I have no clue how to inspect the 'datasource'

• Hi Powis,

First create a connection using the same information as you did in XESame.
    Then you can open the connection and inspect the data.

I think that the SquirrelSQL website contains some tutorials and how-to's.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

Ive been playing around to try and figure out the problem but I'm still stuck. I also realized that I dont think I really understand what exactly the trace is. Can you define the trace for me? Hopefully this might resolve the issues I am having. Thanks