To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Problem creating xes file using mapping example from Process Mining website (XESame 1.1)

pforjoe
edited October 2011 in - XESame

Hello,

I just finished reading Joos Buijs' master thesis last week and I am now
trying to see if  I can use XESame 1.1 to create xes files. I decided to
download the examples zip file and follow the instructions on the process
mining website (http://www.processmining.org/xesame/examples)
using one of the mappings to see if I could create an xes file. I used the
thesis.mapping file , basically the same mapping created on the thesis. I
followed instructions on the examples page but I am still getting errors when I
try to execute it. I’ve attached images of the console (debug, verbose and
notice). I was wondering if anyone can help me solve this issue. Thanks a lot.

I emailed Joos Buijs and he suggested that it might
be my internet connection. However my internet is working fine so I
really don't know...

Sincerely,

Powis

Comments

• Hi Powis,

I still think that XESame is not allowed to access the internet to get the Extension definition.

Have you tried loading an event log in ProM 6, does this work?
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Joos,

You might be right because in order to load event logs in ProM 6 I had to download the plugins from another computer without proxy settings. I am trying to do this at work with so many proxy settings and it's causing problems. I use a Mac at home and I was wondering if there was a ProM 6/6.1 and XESame version for mac?
  • Hi Powis,

You could download the sources of XESame or ProM 6.1 and run those.
    If you download the ProM 6.1 sources from the SVN repository then don't download the framework source but download the trunk subfolder of one package (you get the others still).

If you have any problems with that please start a new discussion as I think that there might be others with similar questions.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

Sorry for responding late. I figured a way to by the internet in regards to the Extension definition. I saved the url extensions on my computer and added new extensions but using a local url this time and it worked. Thanks

Powis
  • Good to hear that you got it working Powis!

Happy XESame-ing :)
    Joos Buijs