To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Optional ProM Input

keith_low
edited October 2011 in - Development
Hi,

I would like to know if there's an option to allow optional input for the ProM plugin. Lets say I have a plugin that requires 4 inputs (A,B,C, and D), I wanted to make the first two mandatory, whereas the last two optional. I'd like to be able to choose to input either AB, ABC, ABD, or ABCD.

I wonder if ProM has any option to do so? Or do I need to create 4 plugins to cater for all the possibilities?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers,
Keith

Edit Joos Buijs: changed category

Comments

• Hi Keith,

ProM allows for this but requires you, more or less, to create 4 plug-in variants of the same plug-in.

For more details, see https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/setup/ComplexPlugIn/Overloading/Optional
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi JBuijs,

Thanks for your reply. It was really helpful. I'll try this method out.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Keith
  • Hi Keith,

Glad I could help!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology